- Following the very successful camp in 2013, Chalet le 4 invites you to ride and watch several stages of the 2014 Tour de France.
- An all-inclusive luxury cycling week in the French Alps that let’s you see and experience the Tour de France like no other camp.
- Taking place from 12-19 July and based in the centre of the French Alps, limited to 14 athletes.
- Total camp fee of EUR 1,900. 10% deposit to guarantee your place.
Featuring numerous iconic climbs and epic stages, the 101st Tour de France promises to be no less exciting than last year’s TdF.
The Chalet le 4 Tour de France Camp 2014 offers you the opportunity to watch (and ride parts of) key stages 11, 12, 13 and 14 before the Tour will head down to the Pyrenees.
Benefitting from our unique location in the centre of the French Alps, you will also be able to ride some of the key climbs of the 2013 TdF and come other iconic cols that regularly feature in the Tour de France.
To ensure a high quality service and personal attention, the number of athletes will be limited to 14. All rides will be supported and guided.
You will be staying at Chalet le 4: a brand new, purpose-built luxury training base in the French Alps run by Piet Hein and Eva Schram, both cycling fans and outdoor enthusiasts.
Tour de France 2014
- On Monday the 14th of July we will explore stage 14 of the 2014 TdF: after leaving Grenoble we will ride up the infamous Col du Lauteret and the Col d’Izoard.
- On the last day of the camp we will watch the peloton set off in Grenoble for this brutal 177k stage.
Tour de France 2013
- Stage 19 of the 2013 TdF was an epic stage of 204km from Bourg d’Oisans to Le Grand Bornand.
- The peloton took on the iconic Col du Glandon and Col de la Madeleine before racing up the Col de la Croix Fry in a tremendous thunderstorm and descending into Le Grand Bornand.
- On Thursday afternoon you will have the opportunity to test yourself against the peloton in a time trial up the Croix Fry.
Tour de France 2013
- Although by this stage it was clear who would be the winner of the 2013 Tour de France, the pan-ultimate stage proved to be as exciting as expected: the rest of the podium was decided in this beautiful stage with the brutal climb up to Semnoz in the searing heat.
- You will have the opportunity to ride the complete 130k stage on Sunday the 13th of July and experience it yourself!
|Saturday 12 July||AM - Arrival Geneva airport – transfer to Chalet le 4PM - 30k ride: Col de la Colombiere|
|Sunday 13 July||Supported ride: Stage 20 of the 2013 TdF
(Annecy – Semnoz : 130k)
|Monday 14 July||Supported ride: first 132k of stage 14 of the 2014 TdF
(Grenoble – Col d’Izoard)
|Tuesday 15 July||Supported ride: 100k – 130k leaving from Chalet le 4
(Chalet le 4, Aravis, Croix Fry, Col de la Colombiere)
|Wednesday 16 July||AM - Supported ride: 80k around Lac Genin (Jura)
PM - Watch finish of stage 11 of the 2014 TdF in Oyonnax
|Thursday 17 July||AM - Watch start of stage 12 of the 2014 TdF in Bourg-en-Bresse
PM - Supported ride (TT up the Croix Fry – part of stage 19 of 2013 TdF)
|Friday 18 July||Watch stage 13 of the 2014 TdF - climb of Col de Paquit|
|Saturday 19 July||AM - Watch start of stage 14 of the 2014 TdF in Grenoble
PM - Transfer to Geneva Airport (or Annecy for TGV to Paris)
All-inclusive PackageThe Chalet le 4 Tour de France Camp 2014 is an all-inclusive luxury cycling experience:
- Fully supported group rides on five days (support vehicles, two guides)
- Opportunity to watch the 2014 Tour de France live on four days
- Home-cooked, healthy food: breakfast, (packed) lunch, dinner, snacks/sodas/coffee/tea
- Sports drinks and nutrition while on the road
- Transfers between Geneva airport and Chalet le 4
- 1hr of sports massage
- Shared luxury accommodation (2p per room)
- Free use of the on-site facilities (pool, gym, sauna, WiFi)
Book your place now!Payment:
- To secure your place on the Chalet le 4 Tour de France Camp 2014 pay the 10% (EUR 190) deposit now.
- Once a minimum of 12 athletes have committed we will confirm the camp and request payment of the remaining camp fee.
- In case insufficient athletes confirm, your deposit will be refunded.
- In case of cancellation by the athlete, refunds are given at the sole discretion of Chalet le 4.
- Air transfers to and from Geneva.
- Insurance: we would require every athlete to have his/her own adequate insurance (proof to be provided before the start of the week).
- Bike rental (Approx EUR 250 for the full week).
Chalet le 4 and its hosts
- Chalet le 4 is a completely refurbished but still traditional Alpine chalet that opened in June 2012 in an incredible location.
- The chalet is situated just outside the traditional Alpine farmers’ village of Le Grand Bornand at the foot of one of the iconic climbs of the Tour de France: the Col de la Colombiere.
- The chalet consists of nine luxury double bedrooms and contains a communal dining and lounge area.
- The onsite facilities include an indoor (Endless) pool, fully equipped gym, sauna, massage room and bike storage.
- After having worked for more than a decade in the banking industry in London and Hong Kong, we (your hosts Eva and Piet Hein Schram) decided to realise our dream of creating a luxury training base in the French Alps.
- We aim to provide a very high level of hospitality: through the chalet we designed and built ourselves: the food we serve and the programme & package we offer.